I am a certified English-Russian translator (American Translators Association) and a certified medical interpreter working in the Western New York region. I help my clients communicate with their Russian-speaking audiences in an effective, culturally appropriate, and timely manner.
I help hospitals, device and drug manufacturers, and insurance providers in the US communicate with their Russian-speaking clients.
- Health benefits guides for insurance providers
- Medical notes and test results
- Healthy living newsletters
Documents include webinar content, program descriptions and policies, and public benefit guides.
I offer certified translations for immigration, adoption, marriage, and academic purposes. The translation will be accompanied by a translator’s statement of accuracy and my American Translators Association seal. This statement may be notarized by a notary public upon request. Typical official documents include:
- birth certificates
- marriage certificates
- death certificates
- divorce decrees
- college and high school diplomas
- criminal records
Interpreting is the spoken mediation for two (or more) people speaking different languages. I provide consecutive English-Russian interpreting for medical, immigration, cultural, and business visits. Please get in touch to learn more about my expertise, availability, and pricing.
I also teach English and Russian as a second language, helping my students expand their vocabulary and communication skills.
- Health plan enrollment and benefit guides for an insurance provider
- Medical notes and test results
- Provider surveys in medical and pharmaceutical domains
- Software for filing biochemical patents
- Press releases for a state government
- STEM educators’ visit to US high schools and senators’ offices
- Professional visit by urban planners from Belarus to a mid-size US city
- Patient visits in healthcare settings
- Book presentation and Q&A by Russian author in the US
- Purchase and inspection of manufacturing equipment
As an independent, professionally-trained translator, I offer several advantages over in-house bilingual staff or large translation companies.
Why Work With Me
- Subject-matter expertise: I rely on my experience in the areas of healthcare and marketing to deliver a professionally-crafted, polished translation. I do not accept assignments for which I cannot deliver a top-notch product.
- Preserving the client’s message: I consult any existing translations or reference materials the client may have, research industry publications for appropriate language and terminology, document these guidelines, and adhere to them consistently throughout my translation.
- Professionalism: I maintain client confidentiality; am upfront about my availability, skills, and limitations; stay in constant communication with the client; deliver on-time; and meet — and exceed — established expectations.
- Availability: Unlike a staff translator or a bilingual employee whose main job is something other than translation, I am available to work on your project when the need arises.
- Direct communication: Working with an independent translator, you can be sure any questions or doubts will be addressed early on to ensure that the final product reflects your message and is appropriate for your audience.
- Various formats accepted: I work with most Microsoft Office formats, including Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. I also support many other, less common formats, including Adobe InDesign, XML, or HTML files. I use software that parses your files and only translate the content, leaving any code intact.
- Master’s degree in Translation from Kent State University
- Certified by American Translators Association as an English-to-Russian and Russian-to-English translator
- Certified medical interpreter (CMI-Russian) by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
Please leave a comment below or contact me directly at translate AT intorussian DOT com.